Have you ever been to Nashville? I'm going to be there for three weeks (leaving in a week) and I've never been south of the Mason-Dixie line so I want to try and get my bearings a little in advance. If you or any of your followers have any recommendations as far as shopping, food, attractions, etc. that would be great! I'll be staying at the Hutton in Nashville. Thanks!
Glad to hear you’re staying at The Hutton! You’re going to love it. Here are a few things I would suggest…
- Green Hills Mall - Great shopping place with all of the major department stores. They also have this smaller shopping area with a Billy Reid (I think) as well as an Anthropolgie and a few other boutique stores. I believes it’s just down the street from Green Hills, but I’m not 100% sure.
- Parthenon - Nashville has a replica of the Parthenon from Greece that is pretty cool to look at. Nothing spectacular, but cool nonetheless.
- Athens Family Restaurant - While we’re on the topic of Greek food, this place is incredible. No joke, whenever I’m in Nashville this is the first place I go. You have to try it.
- F. Scott’s Restaurant and Jazz Bar - Need you any other explanation other than the name itself?
- Macke’s Restaurant - A little more on the “fine dining side.”
- Patterson House - A bar modeled after a speakeasy. Not too many people know about this place as it’s the last thing from “touristy.”
Those who have better recommendations please share!